ADVANTAGES OF PRECISION FARMING
Precision agricultura allows us, through the use of different technologies, to collect, organise and store information on evironmental parameters, irrigation water, the physical environment and the crop itself, to help the farmer make the most appropriate decisions at all times.
When fertigation is applied on the basis of the principle of precision agricultura, it is necessary to integrate state-of-the-art agricultural tolos such as sensors, which provide the values of real crop parameters, or irrigation controllers, which can automatically vary the irrigation frequency depending on temperature, humidity and solar radiation, among other actions. In addition, this technology allows the mass storage and analysis of information generated by the sensors.
Advantages of recision farming:
- Ability to collect real-time data on the variables occurring in the crop fields.
- Reduction in the use of inputs and labour, thus reducing costs.
- Increased product quality, as the exact requirements of the crop are met.
- Efficiency in the use of water.
- Reduction of the environmental impact derived from this activity, due to the reduced use of agrochemicals and the rational use of water.
- Alarm in the event of climatic incidents, such as frost or rain.
PRECISION AGRICULTURE IS PROVING TO BE ONE THE BEST TOOLS TO BE USED IN THE PRODUCTION SYSTEMPS OF THE THIRD MILLENNIUM, ACHIEVING MULTIPLE ECONOMIC, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL ADVANTAGES.